Savour the taste of the sea with this Lobster Bisque recipe shared by Chef Michele Ow. It’s a seafood-lover’s delight!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 130 mins Ready in : 150 mins Serves : 4
- 1 no. Lobster
- Fish Stock
- 1 stalk Celery
- ½ no. Carrot
- Fennel (optional)
- 1 no. Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Bay Leaf
- Steep lobster in boiled water for 10 mins.
- Remove lobster and meat and plunge into ice water – remove meat and reserve shell.
- Fry lobster shell in butter.
- Roast lobster in oven 250°C for 10 mins.
- Use lobster shell to make soup.
- Add Bay leaf , white wine & tarragon ; add fish stock and a big tbsp of tomato paste.
- Boil for 1-2 hours to reduce.
- Strain reduced stock.
- Dice up onions, fennel, onions & carrots.
- Add brandy and allow to evaporate.
- Add stock then cream and allow to boil then simmer to reduce.
- Add lobster meat to serve.