German Chocolate Fudge Cupcake is a melt-in-your-mouth and moist Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes topped with a thick layer of fragrant coconut pecan frosting!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 6-8
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Melted butter ( unsalted)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1 tbsp Plain yogurt ( optional)
- Note: Addition of yogurt is not only healthy but brings moisture to the cake.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with vanilla, melted butter, milk, hot water and yogurt.
- Add into the flour and mix well.
- Pour into cups until ¾ full and bake at preheated oven of 170 ºC for 18-20 mins.