Utterly irresistible Ferrero Rocher stuffed chocolate cupcakes, topped with a rich and indulgent Nutella chocolate buttercream.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 8
- 115 g Lightly salted butter (Cupcakes)
- 115 g Caster sugar (Cupcakes)
- 2 Large eggs (Cupcakes)
- 115 g Self-raising flour (Cupcakes)
- 30 g Cocoa powder (Cupcakes)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (Cupcakes)
- 2 tbsp Milk (Cupcakes)
- 8 Unwrapped Ferrero Rocher chocolates (Cupcakes)
- 50 g Butter (Nutella Buttercream)
- 50 g Nutella (Nutella Buttercream)
- 100 g Icing sugar (Nutella Buttercream)
- 25 g Cocoa powder (Nutella Buttercream)
- 2 tbsp Cream (Nutella Buttercream)
- 15 g Hazel nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder. Gradually add the eggs and dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Line a cupcake tin with 8 cases and divide the mixture evenly into them.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 15 minutes, or until the cupcakes feel firm to the touch.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream.
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the Nutella.
- Sift in the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Finally beat in the milk until you have a creamy mixture, still firm enough to pipe with.
- Pipe the butter cream on top of the cupcakes.
- Top with a Ferrero Rocher