Yes, you can get your veggie and fruit intake in a dessert! This classic zucchini bread recipe has a lemon bread twist to it, making it the perfect quick bread perfect for breakfast on-the-go, or a yummy tea time treat! Trust us – this tangy, moist recipe will be in your repertoire for years to come! #QuickBites
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 55-60 mins Ready in : 1 hr 35 – 40 mins Serves : 2 Loaves
- For Bread
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 180g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- For Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest (optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR BREAD:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, icing sugar and Greek yoghurt. Add in eggs and mix till smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in lemon zest and mix evenly.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir till combined.
- Add in grated zucchini and vanilla extract and stir till combined.
- Divide batter into two loaf tins and bake for 55-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into centre of the cake to check if it’s cooked (the toothpick will come out clean)
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf tins.
DIRECTIONS FOR LEMON GLAZE:
- Stir icing sugar and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over bread and sprinkle with lemon zest if desired.