A crispy base filled with tangy citrus lemon curd and topped with fluffy meringue makes this a tart to die for!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 60 mins Cook : 40 mins
Ready in : 100 mins Serves : 6
- 50g Butter (Sable Dough)
- 420g Flour (Sable Dough)
- 160g Icing sugar (Sable Dough)
- 50g Almond Ground (Sable Dough)
- 5g Salt (Sable Dough)
- 85g Whole Eggs (approx 2 no) (Sable Dough)
- 4 Lemons Juice (Lemon Curd)
- 175g Sugar (Lemon Curd)
- 4 Whole eggs (Lemon Curd)
- 15g Corn flour (Lemon Curd)
- 2 Lemon zest (Lemon Curd)
- 110g Butter (Lemon Curd)
- 200g Egg whites (Meringue)
- 400g Sugar (Meringue)
- Cut the butter into smaller cubes
- Mix butter, flour, icing sugar, almond ground and salt in the mixing bowl.
- Use a paddle beater and mix all. Add eggs. Do not over work the dough.
- When mixture forms dough like consistency, wrap in a cling film and chill at least half hour before use.
- Line tart moulds and bake at 160° for about 30-40 minutes.
- Warm up lemon juice and sugar gently in a pot.
- Whisk the whole eggs and corn flour together and sift.
- Add lemon zest into the lemon juice mixture and allow it to boil.
- When the mixture boils and forms a thick consistency, lower down the heat and whisk in the butter cubes.
- Chill before use.
- Boil the sugar to 116°c.
- Add to the egg white; whisk till the egg white and sugar forms a thick stable meringue.
- Ready to be piped.