Impress your guests with this toothsome treat for your next tea party. You can whip up this delicious and easy Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe in no time!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 25 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 6-8
- 90 g Unsalted butter
- 120 g Caster Sugar
- 1 no Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- 50 g Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extracts
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 70 g Plain Flour
- 25 g Cake Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 no Lemon Juice (Crunchy Glaze)
- 55 g Granulated Sugar (Crunchy Glaze)
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one by one until fully incorporated.
- Mix the sour cream and the vanilla extract. Do not over beat at this point or the mixture might split.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter in a 6 or 7″ baking tin lined with parchment paper and greased with a little butter.
- Bake at 170 C for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven, prick it all over with a skewer or tooth pick.
- Mix the lemon juice with the granulated sugar for a minute and then brush it all over the