These lemon butter cookies are perfect as a mid-day snack! The tangy lemon flavour cuts through the butter nicely. They are also a cinch to make!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 10-12
- 330g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 240g Unsalted butter
- 180g Castor sugar
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated lemon zest
- 20g Egg yolk (around 1 egg)
- Cream the softened butter and sugar until light yellowish and fluffy.
- Add in the lemon zest and egg yolk and whip until combined.
- Add in the plain flour and baking powder into the mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into small balls and place on the tray. Alternatively, you can roll out the dough and cut the shapes out accordingly.
- Bake for 180ºC, fan oven for 15 mins or until golden brown.