Chef Chris Ng shares the perfect recipe for a luxurious Ricotta Gnocchi with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce which is both light and rich at the same time.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2
- 150g Ricotta
- 30g Toasted bread crumbs
- 1 Egg yolk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Flour (for rolling)
- 100g Butter
- 1 tsp Sage
- Drain the ricotta.
- Mix the ricotta, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Let the mixture sit for half an hour to allow the bread crumbs to thicken the mixture.
- Roll the dough into small balls using well- floured hands. Drop the ball into a bowl of flour and gently shake the bowl so that the outside of the ball is well covered with flour.
- Boil in well salted water until they float to surface. Remove from water.
- Melt butter till slightly brown. Add in the gnocchi and sage. Toss till well coated.