Relish every spoonful of this delicious, lemony yogurt cake studded with blueberries recipe by Chef Claire!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 540 mins Serves : 12
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 20g Vegetable Oil
- 180g White Sugar, Fine or Caster
- 2 Eggs, 60-65g
- 185g Plain Yogurt, Unsweetened*Pot Set or Greek
- 15g Lemon Juice
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste/Extract (Optional)
- 225g Cake Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt, Fine
- 50g Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C without fan.
- Combine butter, oil and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment, cream the butter till light and fluffy. Start on slow till combined. Increase to medium high speed for 3-5mins
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, zest and flavourings and set aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Once the butter is well creamed, on medium high speed, add one egg at a time.
- In alternate batches, add the sifted flour and yogurt mixture on slow speed.
- Once well combined, fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Divide the batter into 420-430g portions into 2 lined 6” cake tins.
- Tap to remove air bubbles. Level the cake using a spatula.
- Bake for 30-40mins till a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool until room temperature and chill the cake overnight.
- * This cake keeps up to 3 days at room temperature. To use as a layered cake, it is best baked a day before and kept chilled or frozen for neat cake layers.
- Variations:Orange scented – Add ½ tsp Orange extract + Zest of 1 Orange Instead of blueberries, use raspberries or strawberries.