These Lemon Blueberry Cream scones are tangy and loaded with fresh blueberries are soft and fluffy!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 6-8
- 280 g Cake Flour
- 1 tbsp / 15 g Baking Powder
- 40 g White Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt/Fine Salt
- 70 g Unsalted Butter, Cold & Cubed
- 80 g Fresh Blueberries
- 215 g Whipping Cream, Cold
- 15 g Lemon Juice
- Zest of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Rub butter into dry ingredients till it forms fine crumbs.
- Slowly add cream to form dough.
- Knead very lightly. Add blueberries into the dough. Do not over mix the dough.
- Flour your worktop.
- Roll the dough to 3cm thickness. Cut the dough into 2-3” rounds.
- Re roll remaining dough *Do note these won’t be as fluffy.
- Place them on baking paper lined trays. About 2” apart.
- Brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15mins till the tops are golden brown.
- * Keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.