Lavender Crème Brulee simply blends the intriguing scent of lavender flowers into a velvety custard dessert. You can never go wrong with this indulging dessert!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 305 mins Cook : 50 mins Ready in : 355 mins Serves : 2
- 200ml Dairy-Based Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp Dried Lavender Flowers
- 35g Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Preheat steamer to 95°C. For home stove top steamers, keep water to a slow gentle simmer.
- Heat whipping cream to just boiling point, remove from heat and add lavender. Add cream to infuse with herb for 15 minutes.
- Pass the cream through fine sieve, discard lavender.
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks till pale and ivory white. Slowly trickle in the cream with the egg yolks and incorporate the rest of the cream until fully tempered.
- Fill each ramekin or fire proof baking container ¾ full with the custard. Place ramekins in the steamer and steam for 15-20 minutes, add on a few more minutes if custards take slightly longer to set.
- Cool the custard and chill the custard overnight or 4-5 hours to allow the custard to set.
- To serve, sprinkle a layer of sugar over the custards, caramelize the sugar with a blowtorch. Return the custards to the fridge and chill for 10 minutes before serve. It should have a caramelized sugar crackling on the surface.