Each of this mouth-watering Crisp Fish Fillet with Caramelized Shallots’ tasty elements complement each other, resulting a very savoury and tasty dish. It will leave a deep impression on your first bite!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 420g Fish Fillets
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Potato Starch (for dusting)
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- 3 tbsp Extra Oil
- 40g Whole Garlic (thickly sliced)
- 100g While Shallots
- 20g Ginger
- 5g Dried Chillies
- 15g Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
- ½ tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 10g Thai Basil Leaves
- Dust sea bass filets with potato starch and deep fry in hot oil till crispy.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté garlic and shallots till golden brown. Add ginger, dried chillies and sugar. Cook till aromatic and sugar caramelizes slightly.
- Pour in oyster sauce, two soya sauces and add fish fillets and basil. Toss evenly and transfer to heated clay pot and serve.