The combination of butter, kimchi, and gochujang in this udon recipe makes this dish so flavourful and tasty, you’ll want to have it over and over again. An easy weeknight meal that can be ready in 15 minutes! .
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 0 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 15 mins Serves : 4
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 cup Finely chopped Kimchi
- 2 tbsp Gochujang Paste (Korean Hot Pepper Paste)
- 1/2 cup Kimchi Juice
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 pund of fresh or frozen Udon
- 4 large egg yolks
- Sesame seeds, garnishing
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan, add in 1 cup of kimchi and 2 tbsp of gochujang paste and stir it occasionally.
- Add kimchi juice and chicken broth and bring it to a simmer. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add the udon and the remaining 3 tbsp of butter into the pan; mix evenly until the sauce coats the udon.
- Divide the udon into bowls and top it with egg yolks and sesame seeds.