Japanese Strawberry Shortcake is made from a light and airy shortcake layered with Chantilly cream and sliced strawberries that are popular in Japan!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 45 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 1×7” Cake
- Japanese Strawberry Chantilly Shortcake
- 3 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 80gm Castor Sugar
- 110gm Cake Flour
- 20ml UHT Milk
- 30gm Corn Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Chantilly Cream
- 200gm Fresh Whipping Cream 35%
- 150gm Pastry Cream (recipe below)
- Pastry Cream
- 250gm Milk
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 50gm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Liquor Syrup
- 50gm Castor Sugar
- 50gm Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Liquor
- 150gm Strawberry Slices
- Extra Strawberry for Cake Decoration
DIRECTIONS FOR JAPANESE STRAWBERRY CHANTILLY SHORTCAKE
- Whisk egg & sugar till ribbon stage over a pot of water.
- Fold in sifted flour & vanilla.
- Fold in melted butter.
- Bake 200C for 12 mins in 3×7” trays.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHANTILLY CREAM
- Fold the 2 ingredients together.
DIRECTIONS FOR PASTRY CREAM
- Boil the milk.
- Mix the yolk, sugar & corn starch together.
- Temper the milk with yolk mixture & bring back to boil till thick.
- Cool down the mixture.
- Level the shortcake and brush it with liquor syrup for the cake to stay moist.
- Layer the cake with chantillly cream and sliced strawberries.
- Decorate with full strawberries.