Spoil yourself with these delicate Earl Grey Cupcakes that is moist, fluffy and tastes good with Honey Swiss Meringue Buttercream!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 17 mins Ready in : 37 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
(Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature)
- 2/ 100-120g Egg Whites from 60-65g Eggs
- 35g Brown Sugar
- 250g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 35g Honet
- ¼ – ½ tsp Vanilla Bean Paste/Extract (Optional)
- Sea salt to taste.
- Prepare a Bain Marie/Water Bath.
- Combine egg whites and sugar in a grease proof metal/glass bowl.
- Over a steaming Bain Marie, heat the mixture gently while stirring regularly.
- To test if the egg white mixture is ready, rub it between your fingers to feel if the sugar has dissolved.
- Once ready, remove from the heat.
- Using the whisk attachment, start at med till a solid white meringue forms and then switch to Med High. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Once the mixing bowl feels cool to touch, switch to the Paddle attachment.
- At low speed, add butter cubes one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Turn to med high speed and whip for 5 minutes. Reduce to medium speed and whip for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Honey, Vanilla and Sea Salt to taste. Whip at low speed till well combined.
* This buttercream keeps up to 3 days chilled or frozen up to a month.