Spoil yourself with these delicate Earl Grey Cupcakes that is moist, fluffy and tastes good with Honey Swiss Meringue Buttercream!
Cuisine: Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 12-14 mins Ready in : 27-29mins Serves : 16-20 Cupcakes
(Ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature)
- 80g Infused Earl Grey Butter
- 120g White Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg (65g)
- 140g Plain Yogurt, unsweetened.
- 2 Bags Earl Grey Tea Powder
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Bean Paste/ Extract (Optional)
- 150g Cake Flour
- ½ + 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment, cream the mixture till light and fluffy.
- Mix the yogurt, earl grey tea and vanilla together.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Once butter-sugar is well creamed, add egg and cream till fluffy.
- In alternate additions on low speed, add the half of the dry ingredients and then half of the wet ingredients. Repeat till fully combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners till close to ¾ full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes till a skewer comes out clean.
* This cupcake keeps up to 3 days at room temperature.