Super light, moist, and mildly sweet, this Honey Earl Grey Tea Loaf is the perfect addition to a morning cup of tea or coffee.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 150 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 12
- 200g Bread flour
- 130g Cake flour
- ½ tsp Milk powder
- 5 gm Salt
- 11g Instant yeast
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 no. Egg
- 100ml Earl grey tea
- 75g Butter
- Place all ingredients (except oil) into kneading bowl. Knead until it forms a dough.
- Add butter and continue knead till the dough can be stretched to form a “window panel”. Cover and leave aside to rest for about 30mins.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Divide dough into 4 long logs and twist it and place in the Loaf Tin.
- Leave to proof till double.
- Before baking, egg wash it. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 20mins.