This is a basic sauce used in asian cooking. After heating the oil, add the chili oil flakes, garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant. Allow the sauce to simmer for 15 minutes after adding all the other ingredients.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Condiment Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 10
- 125ml Oil
- 50g Lao Gan Ma Chilli Oil Flakes
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 50g Chopped Shallots
- 15g Tee Poh Fish (Dried Flat Fish Fillets), deep fried till crispy, grounded
- 80g Dried Shrimp (rinse and coarsely blended)
- 20g Dried Scallop (rinse and blended)
- 20g Jinhua Ham (diced)
- 1 tbsp Light Miso Paste
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Heat oil, add chili oil flakes, garlic and shallots, and cook until fragrant.
- Gradually add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer sauce for 15 minutes.
- Cool the sauce and use as required.