This gorgeous Red Velvet Molten Lava Cake topped with a delightful Vanilla Ice cream for the ultimate indulgence!
This simple Chawanmushi with Shimeiji mushroom recipe is packed with goodness, perfect for a healthy heart.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 2
- 1/2 cup Dashi
- 1/2 tbsp Sake
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Ginkgo nuts
- 4 Slices of kamaboko (Japanese fish cake)
- 1/2 tsp Mirin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Light soya
- Make dashi stock.
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl, but do not create air pockets. Add dashi stock and Seasonings. Then strain the mixture through a sieve into another bowl.
- Start boiling water. The amount of water should cover ½ of chawanmushi cup. When boiling, reduce the heat to the lowest heat.
- Divide all the ingredients into 2 cups. Add ginkgo nuts and mushroom. Then put the kamaboko on top.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the cups without creating bubbles. Instead of covering the ingredients completely with the egg mixture, leave some ingredients exposed.
- Place gently inside the hot water (it should NOT be “boiling”) and cover the pot’s lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes on the lowest heat.