These large sushi rolls use a full sheet of nori (seaweed) to enclose generous portions of your favourite fillings. Make these today for a fun and tasty lunch-to-go!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 2-4
- Sushi Rice
- Crab Sitck
- Pickled Radish (Daikon)
- Prepare a small bowl of water with a few drops of vinegar. Dip your fingers in this to stop the rice from sticking to them.
- Place a sushi rolling mat on your work surface and put ½ piece of toasted nori on top. Take a handful of rice and position the rice at the centre, spread the rice out onto the nori very thinly and evenly out and leaving a 1cm gap at the side furthest from you.
- Cut the ingredients into long thin strips, and position them on the rice about 2 inches away from the side closest to you.
- Roll the nori up away from you. When finished, position the roll with the end facing down, and leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the maki into pieces about half inch thick. Wipe the knife between each cut; otherwise it will stick to the nori.