Make Guo Tie (or Pot Stickers) at home with Chef Michele’s recipe which includes a pork and ginger filling. Dip with in Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce for the perfect bite!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 50 mins Cook : 10 -15 mins Ready in : 1 hr Serves : 4-6 Servings
- 1 cup Chopped Napa cabbage
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- 250g Ground fatty pork
- 2 tbsp Minced ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp. Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Chicken stock or water
- Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup Thin soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sliced scallions
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Sambal
DIRECTIONS FOR PORK AND GINGER FILLING
- Sprinkle cabbage with the 1/2 tablespoon of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Place the cabbage on a clean dishtowel or cheesecloth and squeeze out any water. The dryer the cabbage the better. In a large bowl thoroughly mix the cabbage with all of the other ingredients, except the chicken stock.
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING THE DUMPLINGS
- Place a small mound of filling in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to form a half moon shape. Starting on one end fold/pinch the wrapper tightly together. Proceed with this fold/pinch method until the dumpling is completely sealed. There will be approximately 10 to 14 folds per dumpling. Rest the dumplings with the folded edges straight up.
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING THE DUMPLINGS
- In a hot saute pan coated well with oil, place pot stickers flat side down and cook until the bottom is browned. Have pan cover ready and add 1 cup of chicken stock, cover immediately. Be careful, the liquid will splatter! The stock will steam the pot stickers. Check them in 5 minutes as more stock may be needed. Once the dumplings are firm and fully cooked the stock will evaporate and the bottoms will crisp-up again.
DIRECTIONS FOR SPICY SOY DIPPING SAUCE
- Combine ingredients