Fill your cream puffs with Crème Mousseline, a decadent combination of milk, butter and Orange Cointreau!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- 175g Whole Milk
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 50g Castor Sugar
- 18g Pastry Flour
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Orange Cointreau
- Place milk and vanilla in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar until mixture is pale yellow in color.
- Add flour & mix well.
- Pour cream in egg yolk mixture, then return to saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to beat mixture until it thickens and become smooth and glossy.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat butter in a mixer till creamy and add cooled cream. Whisk till combined.
- Add orange cointreau and mix well.