With Bruno Compact Hot Plate, you can now make Japanese-inspired Leek & Shiitake Grilled Mochi Pancake!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 1 hr 30 mins Cook : 10-15 mins Ready in : 1 hr 45 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- Mochi Pancake
- 150g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 150g Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 40g Caster Sugar*
- Substitute with 5g salt + a pinch of caster sugar for savoury Mochi
- Leek & Mushroom Mixture
- 1 pc Leek, chiffonade
- 1 pc Red Chili, deseeded and diced
- 3-5 pcs Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Sesame Seed Oil
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper to taste
- Stir fry leek, chili and mushrooms quickly and set aside to cool.
- To make mocha pancake, add oil, salt and sugar to water and bring to a boil. Make a well in the center of glutinous rice flour and pour the hot water mixture in.
- Mix immediately with a pair of chopsticks or wooden spoon until dough is formed.
- When dough is cool enough to touch but still fairly hot, add in cooled leek mixture. Fold and knead until the surface is smooth. Add a little more water or glutinous rice flour if it is too dry or wet.
- Set aside to rest for about 5 minutes, covered in cling film or a damp cloth.
- Divide dough into 6 portions and roll them out to around 8mm thick.
- Using the Bruno Grill Plate attachment, turn the heat to medium-high and coat hotplate with a bit of oil. Slowly grill pancakes until golden brown and on both sides.
- Cut into bite sized strips. Serve with some sweet sauce and chili sauce for dipping.