This Granola Parfait recipe by Dr Jehanne Ali is a great snack or a healthy, nutritious breakfast on-the-go! Use Mishalle’s Granola from The Cooking Doctor’s new range of products – prepare a batch of compote in advance and you have breakfast settled for one week!
Cuisine : American Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 5 mins Ready in : 15 mins Serves : 1-2
- 3 tbsp Mishalle’s Granola
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Strawberry compote
For the Compote
- 400g Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 50g Granulated sugar
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tsp Corn startch (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low-medium heat until the strawberries are mushy. To make the compote thicker, mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup water and add into the saucepan. If not serving immediately, the compote is best refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
To make a Parfait
- Place some compote on the bottom of the cup followed by Greek yogurt and granola. Layer a few times as you wish.
- Serve cold, perfect for a healthy snack or breakfast on-the-go.