Enjoy sweet potato in a traditional with Chef Julie’s Goguma Mattang, or Caramelized Sweet Potato. It is a dish made from deep-fried sweet potatoes covered in caramel sauce that tastes best hot!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 4 Servings
- 1/2 kg Sweet Potato
- 7 tbsp Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Wash and peel potato. Cut into 1cm strips or chunks.
- Soak in water for 30 minutes to reduce the starch.
- Drain and wipe off the water worth kitchen towels.
- Coat with corn flour lightly.
- Deep fry the sweet potato in a pot for 5 minutes or till light brown.
- Use the kitchen towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Meanwhile use the oil to melt the sugar at low heat.
- Once melted, stir in the sweet potato to coat with the caramel for 1 minute. Off Fire.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds.