This Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup is nourishing, rejuvenating made with ginseng and stuffed with glutinous rice.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 35 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2-3 Servings
- 1 Chicken Griller (not more than 1 kg)
- 1/3 cup White Glutinous Rice
- 1 sprig of Spring Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Whole Fresh Ginseng
- 3 Red Dates (Jujube)
- 1-2 cups Waters
- 4 Peeled Fresh Ginko Nuts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- CHICKEN STOCK
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 White onion, sliced
- 2 Chicken Bones
- 1L Water
- Soak the glutinous rice for at least 1 hour before use.
- In a pot, put in fresh ginseng and soft boil for 5 minutes.
- Wash the chicken griller and stuff in the cavity with red dates, spring onion, garlic, ginko nuts and seal it well.
- Place the chicken, breast up and half cover the pot and cook for at least 45 minutes at medium low fire. Remove any scum along the way.
- The soup is ready when the rice are transparent and soup are slightly milky. Add in dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot with a generous sprinkle of scallion.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHICKEN STOCK
- Boil all the ingredients together for 2 hours.
- Remove any scum and use 1- 2 cups for Ginseng chicken soup base.