Fresh Egg Noodles with Chicken and Mushrooms with Chef Eric’s Special Home Made Oyster Sauce
by Eric Low
A classic household recipe but with chef’s special sauce! The chicken is blanched till it is fully cooked and the meat is shredded. Combine the chicken bones, soya sauces, chicken stock, dried oysters, shrimp paste, dried scallops and mushrooms. Bring the mix to boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes until flavourful. Boil the egg noodles and served with ample sauce over it.
Cuisine : Fusion Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 2
- 1 piece of Whole Chicken Breasts or Thigh
Home Made Oyster Sauce
- 200g Chicken Bones
- 100ml Light Soya Sauce
- ½ tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 350ml Chicken Stock
- 30g Dried Oysters
- ½ tsp Penang Shrimp Paste
- 20g Dried Scallops (shredded)
- 10g Dried Chinese Mushrooms (soaked, remove stalks)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Cornstarch (for thickening)
- 200g Shredded Chicken Meat
- Sliced Chinese Mushrooms
- HK Dried Egg Noodles
- Mustard Greens or Cai Xin (blanched)
- Blanch chicken breasts/thigh until cooked. Extract meat and shred it. Retain bones for sauce.
- Combine bones, soya sauces, chicken stock, dried oysters, shrimp paste, dried scallops and mushrooms. Bring sauce ingredients to boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes until flavourful. Strain and discard away the solids.
- Adjust taste of sauce with sugar and thicken slightly with cornstarch solution.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and blanch egg noodle not more than 2 minutes. Refresh in cold water and re blanch again.
- Transfer noodle to serving plate, spoon some of the oyster sauce over, garnish with shredded chicken meat, mushrooms and mustard greens.