Learn how to create this beautiful Flower Sushi Art Roll using Chef Trish Yee’s recipe! These sushi rolls are not only lovely to look at – you can add in your own filling and ingredients to make it even tastier!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 2
- 250g Sushi Rice
- 20g Oboro (pink-coloured fish flakes)
- 10cm Cheese Stick
- Divide the 250g sushi rice into 2 portions – 1 portion is to be mixed with the oboro to make the pink rice sushi.
- Divide the pink rice into 5 equal rice balls.
- Spread each rice ball evenly on a piece of nori and shape into a cylinder.
- Lift the sushi mat on your left hand and place 3 rolls downwards, then place the cheese stick and the remaining 2 rolls on top.
- Wrap up and form the flower shape.
- Using 1 and ½ sheet of nori, connect both sheets with small grains of rice. Leaving 4 fingers width of nori empty, spread the sushi rice evenly.
- Place the flower-shaped sushi roll onto the centre of the white sushi rice.
- Pick up with your left hand and roll up from both ends.
- If there is some space on top of the flower, add some rice to close the gap.
- Slice into 4 equal pieces.