What can be more satisfying than two perfectly poached eggs blanketed in a smooth hollandaise sauce? Try this recipe today!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 2
- 2 tsps White wine vinegar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbs Salted butter, softened
- 2 pcs Muffins, split in half
- 4 pcs Bacon
- Classic Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 2 tbs Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs Mustard (optional)
- 6oz (12 tbs) Unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch Cayenne or a few drops of hot pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- Position a large heatproof bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- In the bowl, whisk the yolks, lemon juice, and mustard (if using) until well combined. Gradually whisk in the butter in a thin stream and keep whisking until the sauce is thick enough for the whisk to leave tracks that hold for a couple of seconds, 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick, whisk in a few drops of hot water to thin it. Whisk in the cayenne or hot sauce and season to taste with salt.
- Keep the sauce warm in its bowl set over the simmering water, whisking occasionally, until ready to use.
Place everything except the melted butter into a container, and blend with a stick blender.
Pour the butter in gradually and continue to blend until smooth.