Chicken Cordon Bleu, a classic Swiss dish of chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 35 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 2 Servings
- ½ Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Ham Slice
- Lemon Juice
- Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Seasoned Panko
- Clean chicken breast and lay between 2 sheets of cling film and beat with mallet’s flat side until ¼ inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze some lemon juice.
- Lay shredded Emmental cheese and ham, roll it tightly and wrap back into cling film.
- Allow to rest 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Lightly unwrap and coat in plain flour.
- Dip into lightly beaten egg.
- Roll into panko (optional parsley flakes)
- Fry in griddle pan until brown.
- Place pan in oven for 8 minutes.
- Cover with foil while resting – rest for minimum 5 minutes.