Try this ultra-rich Devil’s Chocolate Bundt cake for a nice chocolatey surprise! The cake itself has a deep and intense chocolate flavour, and to sweeten the deal, the Chocolate Ganache covering the cake adds a velvety smooth finish to this perfect cake!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 90 mins Serves : 6-8
- For the Cake
- Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- 340g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 100g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 200ml Boiling Water
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 300g Cake Flour
- ¼ tsp Fine Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 150g Brown Sugar
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 190g Dark Coverture Chocolate Chips
- For the Glaze
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 120g Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven at 180°C. Spray a 12-cup non-stick Bundit pan with cooking spray.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over and stir until chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place butter with caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bow. Fit in the paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce the speed to medium and gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating until well combined.
- Add in the sour cream and fold in well.
- Sift the icing sugar over the mixture and fold in slowly. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold in until mixture is well combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 – 50 mins. Transfer to a wire rack set over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let cool 30 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Bring cream to a boil in a medium pot. Add chocolate and let stand 5 mins. Add salt and stir until smooth. Let stand for 10 mins, and then pour over cake, allowing the glaze to drop down sides and cover cake. Let set 3 hours at room temperature or 1 hour in refrigerator.