Coconut Yam Mousse, a silky smooth and airy dessert by Chef Claire is the perfect finish to a dinner.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- 200-210g Fresh Yam, steamed
- 40g Butter, unsalted
- 40g Sugar, white
- 100g Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream for a stronger coconut flavour
- 150g Dairy Whipping Cream, 35% fat
- ½ tsp Gelatin, powder
- *Bloomed in 1 tsp cold water and then dissolved in 2 tsp hot water
- * Amount can be increase to ¾ tsp depending in liking
- Puree the hot steamed yam with sugar and coconut milk. You may also mash by hand for a more textured yam paste.
- In a pan, heat butter till melted and bubbly. Add pureed yam mixture and fry for 3-5mins till fragrant. Set aside in the fridge to cool completely.
- Whip dairy cream to soft firm peaks.
- Add ¼-1/3 of the whipped cream to loosen the cold pureed yam paste.
- Fold in the rest of the cream till well combined. Divide into 3 equal portions and set in the fridge.
* Keeps in the fridge up to 3 days.