Try this amazingly creamy Clam Chowder that is made from scratch with live clams and enjoy the true taste of seafood!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 60 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 80 mins Serves : 2
- ½ Live clams
- 1 no. Potato for baking
- 4 pcs Bacon
- ½ no. Onion
- Olive oil
- Chives for garnish
- Bake potato in foil in oven @ 180°C for 30 mins.
- Allow potato to cool before shredding.
- In a wok, steam clams lightly. Remove the shells and clam meat; reserve liquid.
- Lay out 2 strips of bacon and slice finely into strips.
- Heat a sauce pan. Add butter and olive oil and fry onions until translucent. Add bacon and fry until fragrant.
- Add clam juice and water, following by shredded baked potato. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Finish with cream.
- Place the other 2 pieces of bacon between kitchen towels and put in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Place soup in 2 bowls and garnish with bacon piece and chives.