Relish every spoonful of this luscious Chocolate Torte Cake topped with Chocolate Ganache, the best way to end your weekend!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 100 mins Serves : 6-8
- 115g Unsalted butter
- 120g Cake flour
- 1/2 teasp Salt
- 1/4 teasp Baking powder
- 260g Semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 teasp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 150gm Semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Corn syrup
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch round cake pan; line bottom with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, melt butter and chocolate, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove bowl from pan. Whisk in sugar and vanilla, then eggs, buttermilk, and pistachios. Fold in flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes; run a knife around edge, and invert onto a wire rack. Remove paper, and let cool completely, about 3 hours. (To store, wrap in plastic, and keep at room temperature, up to 3 days).
- Make ganache: In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer; remove from heat. Add chocolate, and let stand 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Let cool until mixture falls back in ribbons when lifted with a spoon, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Set cake on a serving platter; tuck strips of parchment paper under edge of cake to prevent ganache from dripping on platter.
- Pour ganache onto centre of cake; using a table knife, spread evenly over the top and down the sides. Let set, about 30 minutes. Remove paper from under cake; serve.