Tempt your taste bud with this buttery chocolate sponge cake shared by Chef Wei Xian!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 75 mins Serves : 8
- 108g Cake flour
- 18g Cocoa powder
- 25g Baking powder
- 90g Butter
- 144g Sugar
- 25g Salt
- 100g Egg
- 50g Sour cream
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder together.
- Cream the butter until light and lump-free.
- Add the sugar and salt. Cream till light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and eggs into the butter mixture. Alternate between eggs and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Portion into greased loaf pan and bake at 180ºC till the cake bounce back when lightly pressed.