Make this cute Rainbow Cake in a Jar from scratch with Chef Jehanne’s recipe! It is simple-to-make and perfect as a gift.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 4
- 3 Large eggs
- 100 g Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 70 gm Plain sugar
- 50 g Butter, melted
- 60 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Ovalette
- Food colorings
- Note: This recipe makes a Swiss roll size of cake, so each batter can be divided into 3 colours and bake separately. Double up the recipe for a 6” layer cake.
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Using a stand mixer, whip the eggs, cake flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl until very pale and fluffy.
- Combine milk and melted butter.
- Take a spoonful of batter, and mix with butter, and then add back into the mixer.
- Beat for few more minutes.
- Divide batter into portion, and tint with gel colouring.
- Pour onto baking pan or Swiss roll sheet, greased and lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut out circles using dessert ring of your choice.
- Layer each cake with whipped cream, and garnish top with cherries.