Indulge in a slice of chocolatey goodness with this chocolate pound cake. Simple yet delicious, this recipe is perfect for beginners and anyone who wants to bake their cake and eat it too.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 6-8
- 108g Cake flour
- 18g Cocoa powder
- 5g Baking powder
- 90g Butter
- 144g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 100g Egg
- 50g Sour Cream
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder together.
- Cream the butter until light and lump-free.
- Add the sugar and salt. Cream till light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and eggs into the butter mixture. Alternate between eggs and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Portion into greased loaf pan and bake at 180ºC till the cake bounce back when lightly pressed.