This light and fluffy Ogura Zebra Chiffon Cake is as delicious as it looks! A basic chiffon cake recipe now tastes better with swirled decadent chocolate paste.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 55 mins Ready in : 1 hr 10 mins Serves : 1 Chiffon Cake
- Group 1
- 100g Egg Yolk
- 1 Egg
- 50g Oil
- 60g Fresh Milk
- A pinch of Salt
- 70g Cake Flour
- Group 2
- 250g Egg White
- 80g Fine Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Chocolate Paste Mixture
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Milk/ Milk
- ½ tsp Chocolate Paste/ Emulco
- Whisk eggs, oil, milk for 3mins.
- Add in sifted flour and mixed till well-combined. Put aside.
- Whisk egg white with fine sugar till medium peak.
- Fold a big scoop of the meringue to the egg yolk batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter back to the meringue bowl and fold gradually till just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions. Stir in the Cocoa paste mixture into 1 portion.
- Pour mixture into the centre of the tin alternately (see demo).
- Bake at 170C for 15mins then lower to 150c bake for 4omins or till cooked.