Instead of heading to the Satay Club for your satay fix, learn how to make your own rendition of this Singapore classic here!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 10 sticks
- Ingredients A
- 200g Chicken, boneless and skinless, sliced thinly
- Ingredients B
- 5 Shallots
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 stalks Lemongrass
- 1cm Galangal
- 1 tsp Ground Cumine
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Palm Sugar
- ½ tbsp Kecap Manis
- 2 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- Place ingredients B in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Marinate the chicken in the paste for at least an hour or overnight.
- Thread the bamboo sticks with 2-3 pieces of mutton each.
- Turn the oven grill setting on high. Grill for about 5 minutes per side, till cooked and slightly charred, generously basting with some oil as and when.