Tiramisu is a famous italian dessert consisting of alternating layers of coffee-soaked Savoiardi biscuits and sweet mixture of mascarpone cheese, eggs and sugar. Make this luscious dessert and find yourself wanting for more.
Cuisine : European Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 330 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 330 mins Serves : 4
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- 200ml Whipped Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 50g Sugar
- 50ml Marsala Wine
- 40ml Rum
- 4pcs of White Sponge Fingers
Sponge Finger Syrup
- 75ml Strong Coffee
- 25ml Marsala Wine
- 30ml Rum
- Cocoa Powder (for dusting or bitter chocolate shavings)
- Cream egg yolks and sugar together until pale yellow. Add cheese, whipped cream, Marsala wine and Rum. Mix well and chill.
- Combine ingredients for sponge finger syrup.
- Arrange the sponge fingers in setting containers. Dab generously with the sponge finger syrup. Cover with the remaining cheese. Chill the tiramisu until set.
- Dust the tiramisu with cocoa powder. Add some chocolate shavings to the tiramisu before serving.