Enjoy the Caramel and Honey Nut tart with a rich caramel honey filling topped with chopped mixed nuts baked in a flaky pastry tart!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 4-6
- 125g Flour
- 35g Icing sugar
- 60g Butter(cold)
- Milk as required
- 30g Sugar
- 60g Honey
- 20g Butter
- 100g Fresh Cream
- 140g Mixed nuts (chopped and roasted)
- Stir the flour and the icing sugar together.
- Chop up the butter and crumble it into the flour.
- Add enough of cold milk to form a dough.
- Cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a pie tin with it.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry and fill it with beans or any pie weight.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove the pie weights in between the baking.
- Place the sugar and honey in a pan and stir over low heat until the sugar melts. Bring to boil.
- Cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- In separate pan heat butter with the cream and the salt until hot. Add it to the sugar mixture and simmer for 2-3 min.
- Mix in the nuts and spoon the mixture over the hot pastry.
- Return to the oven for 5 – 7 minutes remove and cool. Serve at room temperature.