Celebrate this coming Deepavali with some delicious Butter Murukku! This savoury and crunchy snack is always a favourite at any parties or gatherings. #QuickBites
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 1 packet Murukku Flour Mixture
- 1 tbsp Butter (more if needed)
- Oil, for deep frying
- ½ tsp Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Carom Seeds, as needed
- Cold Water, as needed
- Add rice flour, carom seeds, sesame seeds, butter and a few tsp of cold water to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Use the star nozzle in the murukku press. Fill the press with the dough and press it on to a plate as spirals.
- Slightly press the open end towards the inner layer.
- Repeat it for the rest of the dough.
- If the dough is not coming out smoothly, adjust the quantity of water.
- Using the murukku press, press out the dough and place it in a spiral manner on a plastic bag or in a flat spatula.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently transfer the murukku to the hot oil.
- Fry till golden on both sides.
- Place it on a plate covered with paper towel or on a sieve to let the excess oil come out.
- Fry in batches.
- Enjoy the murukku!
- Add Carom Seeds according to your taste. (smell is too strong)
- Reserve some murukku mixture in case the dough gets sticky, you can add the powder to make it smooth.
- Make sure to mix the butter into the flour mixture then add the water.
- Add the water simultaneously while mixing the mixture till you get dough like texture which is soft and not sticky. (bit by bit)
- Always test out a small sample on the fire (medium heat), then start frying the remaining batches.
- Do not let the dough set for too long. Quickly start doing the batches.
- Store in air tight container.