Cooked to perfection, these caramelized onions are sweet, richly flavoured and compliments well with baguette and topped with savoury goat cheese.
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 30 mins
Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 6
- 1 Baguette (sliced)
- 300g Onions, thinly sliced
- 4-5 Anchovies
- 2-3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven till 200C.
- Pan-fry anchovies until melted.
- Add sliced onions and soy sauce and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Low fire for 20-30 mins, stirring it occasionally and set aside.
- Slice baguette into thin slices (approx. width of little finger).
- Warm baguette in oven for 2-3 mins.
- Top baguette with onion confit and goat cheese.