Taste the rustic flavour of broccoli with this flavourful Broccoli Soup with Extra Virgin Oil recipe shared by Chef Alexandre Lozachmeur from Fleur De Sel!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 60 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 80 mins Serves : 6
- ½ pc Broccoli
- 50g Olive Oil basic
- 1pc Banana Shallot
- 20g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10g Croutons
- 10g Kalamata Olives
- 10g Dried Tomatoes
- Chop the shallots in slices and the broccoli separately into chunks.
- Warm up the shallots and the cooking /olive oil together in a high heat, then add the broccoli, sautéed without any coloration and add some salt to season. Cover with water, bring it to boil and cook for approximately 8 minutes until the broccolis is very soft.
- In a blender, throw in all the above with the extra virgin olive oil, blend for 4 minutes then keep it warm ready to serve.
- Season with more oil, salt, pepper depending on your taste.
- Chop the olives and dried tomatoes, mix it with the croutons and place it on a soup plate, served with the soup hot.