This dish is an ultimate local favourite. Make your own paste fit for an emperor with the ingredients of your choice: dried scallops, dried shrimps, garlic and lots of chillies!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 250ml Oil
- 100ml Chilli Oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 100g Chopped Shallots
- 30g Tee Poh Fish (Dried Flat Fish Fillets), deep fried till crispy, grounded
- 160g Dried Shrimp (coarsely blended, soaked for 10 minutes)
- 40g Dried Scallops (blended and soaked for 10 minutes)
- 40g Jinhua Ham (diced)
- 2 tbsp Light Miso Paste
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 packets of Dried Mee Pok Noodles (~100g each)
- 100ml Water
- 1 tsp Concentrated Chicken or Scallop Flavoured Stock
- 160g XO Sauce
- 4 pieces of Kai Lan/Taiwanese Baby Cabbage (Xiao Bai Cai), blanched
- 12 pieces of Fresh Prawns (blanched)
- Coriander Leaves (for garnish)
- Combine water with Maggi Concentrated Chicken Stock. Bring to the boil and add the chili oil and XO Sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Blanch noodles for 30 seconds and transfer to XO sauce. Braised noodles for 2 minutes until cooked.
- Divide noodles into 4 portions. Top up noodles with blanched Taiwanese cabbage and fresh prawns. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.