You deserve to indulge in a delicate, moist butter cake swirled with sweet blueberry jam after a long week!
Cuisine: Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 35-45 mins Ready in : 55-65 mins Serves : 6-8 Servings
- Part A
- 250gm Unsalted Butter
- 150gm Caster Sugar
- 4 no Egg Yolk
- 5gm Salt
- 200gm Self-Raising Flour
- 60ml Full Cream Milk
- 100gm Blueberry Jam
- Part B
- 4 no Egg White
- 55gm Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Part A –In a bowl attached with paddle beater, cream butter, salt and sugar till pale.
- Add egg yolks gradually followed by self-raising flour.
- Add milk. Marbled the mixture with blueberry jam. Put aside.
- Part B – Place the egg whites and sugar into a mixer attached with balloon whisk.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar till a soft meringue is formed. Do not over whisk!
- Gently fold the meringue into the Part A mixture till all is well folded.
- Deposit the batter into the aluminium mould and bake for approximately 35 – 45 minutes.
- Insert skewer to test for doneness of cake. Skewer should come out clean.