Black Glutinous Rice with Gula Melaka and Yam Coconut Ice Cream
by Eric Low
This easy-to-make dessert combines glutinous rice, dried longan, pandan leaves and water. Gula Melaka can be added before serving to accommodate personal preference.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 70 mins Serves : 2
- 50g Black Glutinous Rice
- 20g White Glutinous Rice
- 1 piece of Dried Longan
- 1 piece of Pandan Leaves (tied up)
- 750ml Water (plus extra for standby)
- 2 tbsp Gula Melaka
- Yam and Coconut Flavoured Ice Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine the two kinds of glutinous rice with dried longan, pandan leaves and water. Bring to boil and simmer for 60 minutes. Add extra water if necessary.
- Add Gula Melaka and adjust to taste. Cool and chill the glutinous rice till ready to serve.
- Divide the glutinous rice to 4 portions. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.