This Banana Walnut Chiffon Cake recipe produces a moist, soft, and flavourful cake that will be loved in the next get-together.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 70 mins Ready in : 85 mins Serves : 6-8
- Group 1 – Hand-whisk Together
- 70 gm Egg yolk
- 40 gm Warm Oil
- 30 gm Water
- 30 gm Fine Sugar
- Group 2 – Mix Well
- 70 gm Ripe Banana – Mashed Coarsely
- 120 gm Ripe Banana – Cut into Cubes
- 1/2 teasp Lemon Juice
- Group 3
- 110 gm Cake flour (sifted)
- Group 4 – Beat together last using mixer
- 2 tsp Corn
- 90 gm Castor Sugar
- 180g Egg Whites
- Group 5
- Walnut Bits
- Tray preparation: 20cm chiffon tin.
- Oven Preparation: Pre-heat oven at 170°C for at least 20mins.
- Use a hand whisk to combine (Group 1) together。
- Pour the warm liquid mixture (Group 2) & mix well.
- Add in sifted flour (Group 3) & mix till just smooth.
- Whisk the egg-white lightly.
- Add in the corn flour & sugar gently & whisk till firm peak.
- Fold the Yolk mixture into it. (Step 3 to 5)
- Add in the walnut bits (Grp.5) last.
- Pour mixture into dry and clean chiffon tin.
- Bake at low shelf – Bake at 170°C (non-fan mode) and bake for 15mins then lower to 160°C and bake for another 55mins or till dark golden brown.
- Turn cake tin upside down & cool cake completely before un-mould.