Share these layers of goodness made using fresh sheets of pasta, Tomato Concasse, Chicken Ragu Sauce and Bechamel Sauce with your family and friends.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 1 hr 30 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- Homemade Pasta
- 200g All Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- Tomato Concasse
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Marjoram
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Chicken Ragu Sauce
- 200g Minced Chicken
- 1 tbsp Dried Italian Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 400g Tomato Concasse
- ½ cup Milk
- Bechamel Sauce
- 500ml Milk
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- ½ no Yellow Onion
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 30gm Unsalted Butter
- 30gm All-Purpose Flour
- Lasagne Assembly
- 200gm Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheese Powder to Sprinkle
DIRECTIONS FOR HOMEMADE PASTA
- In a stand mixer attached with a dough hook, combine all ingredients and mix.
- Beat until dough become light yellow, smooth and soft.
- Roll and cut the pasta dough into long sheets.
- Dust with semolina and flour.
- Set aside until ready to boil.
DIRECTIONS FOR TOMATO CONCASSE
- Heat up olive oil in a pot.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté till soft.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes are soft.
- Add Honey, Dried herbs and seasonings.
- Cool down.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHICKEN RAGU SAUCE
- In a bowl, marinate minced chicken with dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat up olive oil in a saucepot.
- Add chopped garlic and onion, sauté till soft.
- Add Tomato Concasse, dried herbs and seasonings and simmer.
- Add marinated chicken. Sauté, followed by milk. Simmer to reduce.
- Reserve till use.
DIRECTIONS FOR BECHAMEL SAUCE
- In a pot combine the milk, bay leaves, onion and nutmeg and gently bring to the boil.
- In another pot, melt butter and add the flour. Mix well and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add a little to the flour mixture.
- Combine well, and when all the milk has been absorbed, add a little more.
- Continue to do this until all the milk has been added, whisking continually.
DIRECTIONS FOR LASAGNE ASSEMBLY
- In a deep pot, boil water and add salt.
- Blanch the pasta for approximately 4-5 minutes. Drain and toss with olive oil.
- Spoon a third of the béchamel sauce into the bottom of a lasagne dish in a layer, then place some of the pasta strips over the top followed by the mozzarella and sprinkle over freshly ground black pepper.
- Followed by a layer of the herb chicken ragu.
- Repeat until all the ingredients have been used up.
- Drop knobs of butter over the surface and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree for approximately 25 minutes until the top is golden-brown.