Love churros but don’t like the fact that they’re deep fried? Try these baked churro twists! No one will be able to resist dunking these sweet, crispy pastry strips into a luscious chocolate sauce! #QuickBites
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 4-6 Servings
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 4 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Eggwash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk/water)
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with some parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Lay out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, roll it out so it’s around 1” bigger, brush the egg wash all over the top, then sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut about 1 inch strips lengthwise using a pizza cutter, then take the two ends and give it a few twists. Place on baking sheet.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C, bake the twists for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the twists are cooling, prepare the chocolate sauce.
- In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients for the sauce, stirring constantly on medium-low heat, cook the mixture until everything is evenly melted then pour the sauce in a dish.